Friday, December 4, 2015

The Gospel of Mark Project



Last Sunday I called on the wonderful folks at Faith Baptist to stretch themselves a bit and take on the challenge of reading the Gospel of Mark in December.   Many believers have never actually read a Gospel straight through.  It’s a mind-expanding, faith-building, exciting process.

And it’s completely doable.  Mark is the shortest of the Gospels with only 16 chapters.  I’ve already received reports from those who have begun.

What better way to celebrate the coming of Jesus into the world, than by reading his story?

So, I thought I’d extend the challenge.  Find your New Testament.  Start reading today.  The goal at church is to be done by the 20th.   I plan to recognize everyone who has taken the challenge.  But....the goal for you might be to finish by Christmas Eve.

So, how about it?   Read a chapter today.   And let me know on here or on Facebook that you’re joining in.

No comments:

Post a Comment